We’ve been doing our research, perusing all of the FAQ’s, walking it out, and more, to give you our best advice on Sweatcoin.
But first, what is Sweatcoin?
Like Bitcoin, Sweatcoin is a cryptocurrency earned through a fitness algorithm. This algorithm uses your phones gps, along with your phone’a health data, to track your outdoor steps throughout the day. For example; you might walk 10,000 steps during the day, but only 4,000 will be Sweatcoin eligible. We will refer to these as your “analyzed steps”.
Here’s the short and sweet:
- The app rewards you with about 1 SWC (1 Sweatcoin) per 1,000 analyzed step you make.
- Currently only available on iOS (but android is coming soon)
- No money is required from you and you can only purchase rewards in the app with SWC.
- Sweatcoin doesn’t have the best app rating as of now, but has been consistently making updates and replying to customer concerns.
- Rewards rotate often and range from 35 SWC up to 30,000 SWC.
- You can also compete with friends and see how they are doing.
- Sweatcoin requires you to create a login and allow the app consistent location access.
- You can download the app and get started today by downloading the app from the App Store here.
What type of rewards can you earn?
Currently, the rewards are pretty slim, but since this app has been around for a long time, and continues to develop, we anticipate some pretty good rewards to come. It does take a pretty hefty number to redeem for rewards, but in our opinion, it’s free, and anything that free and easy, takes time to achieve.
The site Sweatcoinguide.com is actively reviewing the app and has shared that app keeps users on their toes by offering short times receive a rewards, and rotating out offers often.
“For example, if the app featured the same 5 offers for many months at a time, users would grow very weary. Therefore, you have to be on your toes, checking in every day for new offers and strategically spending your hard-earned SWC on the ones with the most value. (Read: Determining Offer Value)”
So, after learning a bit about the app, we thought we’d answer a couple of questions, and give you a few screen shots to help to understand how Sweatcoin works.
Example of steps conversion process in the app:
The first number (1,427) shows how many steps were completed as of today (the past 4 hours to be exact).
The second number (32) is how many steps are needed to sync since the last sync. (Please note, the app will sync automatically once you’ve hit 2,000).
The steps are then run through data analysis (which uses your location data from GPS) and sorts out your steps to see what will count in your “analyzed” steps.
The steps are then converted to Sweatcoin (currently at the rate of 0.95 SWC for every 1,000 analyzed steps you take.)
Does it cost anything?
Not a thing – as long as you have a gps enabled phone to track your steps and sync, and the means to charge it, you are all set.
Sweatcoin does not require you to enter any form of credit card payment. It does require you to create a login.
How do I get started?
- Download the app here
- Create a login
- Read up on the FAQ’s (you’ll be an expert afterwards)
- Make sure you enable location access
- Get to sweatin’
So, do you use Sweatcoin? What other apps are you using to get fit and get paid, at the same time?
Let us know your thoughts!
Also – don’t forget to check our Instagram and Facebook page for some giveaways this week! And check out some of the latest outdoor fitness products available with 2-Day shipping from Amazon here.
*Please note, this post does contain affiliate links for Sweatcoin. We appreciate you being a valuable reader and choosing our site to begin your Sweatcoin journey.