Things I’ve tried so far after 24 hours with the unboxed spot, in white, of course:
– listened to my book on Audible with my AirPods
– connected my Airpods wih device settings directly through device – super easy and fast
– played the following games: Party foul (with echo buttons, see review there too), trivial pursuit tap (w/ button), hanogram (w/ button), cut that wire (w/ button), guess the song, trump against humanity, holiday songs, deal or no deal, and a few others.
– Found my phone through the calling feature
– calling through alexa app with and without video
– playing music (speaker is better than the Show and dot in my opinion – and loud)
– uploaded a background
– checked the weather
– listened to music with on screen lyrics
– watched movie trailers
– set up was easy and fun
– tutorial video was beautifully done and a great add on based on experience with other devices (Show and dot)
– it’s beautiful – like so gorgeous. Much bigger than I expected so screen is perfect size in my opinion.
– learns quickly
– sounds quality great for price
– price is great considering skills and screen
– screen reactabiity to touch – we played deal or no deal and scrolled through game rules and it was great.Cons:
– games are lagging, sometimes the games restart, I don’t know if this is a game issue or spot issue, but considering it had issues with multiple games, I’m gonna way it’s a bug.
– background is kind of pointless – you have to have a very centered photo and with the time it weather, it doesn’t stand out as much. I recommend sticking with th clock face.
– If you touch the screen in the middle of something, it stops playing – whether it be music or a game. In other words, currently no multitasking.
All in all, the three reasons I recommend this product are the following:
– best on the market alexa for screen, music, and smart skills. (And value in my opinion)
– it’s freaking beautiful to look at and looks modern yet futuristic
– the camera features alone are amazing to me – why buy a baby monitor (or pet camera for the Furbaby lovers) when you can use the drop in feature!
Remember, with all tech (ok, most tech) it takes time to work out the glitches and you have to actually use the product daily before you form a habit.
Final advice for buyers:
– take time setting up with location, other alexa devices for music, background, customized settings, and watch the tutorial.
– keep the “cheat sheet” – Alexa quick tips on what to ask – beside the device until you’ve learned the right things to say. The quicker you learn and alexa learns you, the more efficient it will be.
– if you have skills, write down a cheat for what to say to enable skills until you get used to it, it proves more efficient as well.
– if you are new to the drop in feature, set a time and customize as needed. For example, if you are in bed and are brave enough to have this device in You bedroom, don’t let people freely drop in, or set a time for you not to be disturbed (say from 9pm to 9am)Hope this was helpful, my family was jealous of this product for sure, I guess I should have gotten them one for Christmas…