Who’s got the confetti? (but really) – Sonos is celebrating its 15th Anniversary!
Sonos (spelled the same way upside down and backwards) celebrates 15 Years this week. Because of this, they are offering 15% eligible purchases, which is awesome. Sonos only gives discounts once or twice a year. If you have been eyeing any of their beautiful sound systems, now is the time to buy.
Don’t know anything about Sonos? Let me give you the 411
What is Sonos?
Sonos is a variety of products that join together to create a wireless home sound system that creates beautiful sound to fill your home, with just the right amount of amp, and perfect style to blend with your decor. Although they stream off of wifi, they are not completely “wireless” due to their need to plug in. (But really, why would you take something so nice outside, please don’t do that with these products.)
What makes Sonos unique?
- Beautiful Style
- Ease of use and Install
- Play different music in different rooms, or join them together to create smooth sound throughout your home.
- *Works over Wifi versus bluetooth – this means you can play your tunes and not interrupt the party when you grandma calls to check in on you. (Most other systems use bluetooth)
- Humidity Resistant (not entirely unique, but not in every sound product either)
What is their most popular product?
- I’m no expert, but I would say the Sonos Play:1 is a best seller. It starts at $199 and comes in Black and White. Every once in a while, Sonos will run a deal and sell two together for $350 (saving you a little here). Be on the look out.
- For those that already have a sound system they love, but want the wireless uninterrupted playlist, the Connect is a popular product that can convert your current system.
What Music providers currently are supported on the Sonos Player?
- Radio is widely popular – offering podcasts, news, and radio stations from around the globe.
- Apple Music came out of Beta and is available to play on Sonos
- Google Play Music
- Amazon Music
- *For a full list, check out all the apps on the Sonos site here.
Not only can you go straight through an app (after you sign in for the services you are subscribed to), but also, you can search by Song, Artist, Playlist, Station, and more to pull from all of your apps.
Do I have to use my phone to play music through the app?
- No, you can download the Sonos app for Mac and Windows
- The Sonos App is currently supported on all iPhone, Android, and Amazon app stores.
I’ve been a proud owner of two Play:1s in white for almost 5 years now. All I can say about the product is that once you buy it, you will fall in love with the look, sound, and ease. If not, they have a 45 day return policy, which is amazing. Let me know your thoughts on Sonos, or what you recommend for music streaming in your home.